2018 Charge Conference Information for the Bluegrass District
posted on September 19
Charge conferences across the Bluegrass District will take place as follows:
Each combined Conference will include a time of worship, sharing, and celebration. The business part of the meeting will consist of a time of affirming officially the decisions you have made in an Administrative Board or Council meeting prior to the Charge Conference.
* I will provide blank Attendance sheets the day of the Charge Conference.
* Please complete all the information in the "Finance" form. I would also like a copy of the latest finance report that is normally shared with your Board/Council and or congregation(s). If you need help in securing someone to do an audit, we can assist in finding someone to help. But each church should make plans for at least a simple annual audit. It does not have to be done by a paid professional. Here is a link to a Guide for doing an audit in the local church. Click this link to reach the Audit Guide.
* In doing your Nominations/Lay Leadership work within your Charge, you are encouraged to use whatever written format that suits/fits your situation and include a copy for me. But you must transfer the names and contact information of your officers to the "Team Nominations Form." as this information must be entered into the Conference data base. Especially include email addresses for your leaders who have them. If you are completing online, you are encouraged to use your church's "Dashboard" that automatically integrates with the Conference Database. Instructions are provided. In the case of multi-church Charges, EACH CHURCH IS TO HAVE THEIR OWN SET OF FORMS. DO NOT COMBINE A CHARGE ON ONE SET OF FORMS.
* Please complete the "Safe Sanctuaries" section on the "Checklist." If you do not have a policy, it is not hard to implement one. We have resources and people to assist in this. Not having one opens the church to great liability risks and is the reason we require this now.
* Please follow the instructions regarding the submission of student information for the benefit of our campus ministries and their opportunity to minister to our students.
* Regarding the "Membership Audit", you should include information about any additions or subtractions in your personal report. If there are names that need to be removed by Charge Conference Action, either the first or second reading, please supply a separate page indicating such.
* PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTION PAGE OF THE CLERGY COMPENSATION REPORT AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
- We will receive a mission offering to support two ministries within our district: our new Hispanic Ministry, Love Strings, in Georgetown and our Triple Cross ministry in Harrodsburg. You are encouraged to receive an offering in your churches and bring for presentation at the Charge Conference.
- Each church will be asked to share 2-3 minutes about one ministry in your church about which you are excited in one of the areas of Knowing the Love of Jesus, Growing in the Love of Jesus, or Showing the Love of Jesus. We are asking that this be shared by one of the laity of the congregation and not the pastor.
Mark Gibbons, District Superintendent