2021 Bluegrass District Charge Conferences
posted on September 20
Forms found here
Dear Bluegrass District,
As we prepare for charge conference season, the following are a few guidelines for our upcoming cluster charge conferences as well as the Bluegrass Cluster Conference schedule.
- The cabinet has decided that masking will be required for all in-person charge conferences. Please make sure that all participants wear a mask for their safety and the safety of others.
- We are limiting each church’s representation to the clergyperson(s), the lay leader, and the lay member(s) to annual conference. For most churches and charges, this will be three persons. If your church has multiple appointed clergy, the additional members to annual conference are welcome to attend. For all others, we do plan to zoom the charge conferences.
- Here is a link to an instructional video that contains information about preparing for charge conference. If you are a new pastor, the video will especially help you prepare all of your reports. If you have been a pastor for a while, the video will still be helpful by clarifying what the difference is between “additional lay members to annual conference” and “alternate lay members to annual conference,” answering questions about the clergy compensation form, how to report if you have a one-board model, questions about our mission covenant, as well as information about the parsonage report.
- Your charge conference paperwork should be turned in no later than one week prior to your cluster’s charge conference. All forms are to be submitted to: Bluegrass District Office, Attn: Jill Starkey, 7400 Floydsburg Road, Crestwood, KY 40014 or email@example.com.
- There are no online reporting forms this year. Please download the forms from the Kentucky Conference website or the Bluegrass District web page, fill them out, and email, mail, or hand deliver your forms to the district office.
The following is the Bluegrass Cluster Conference schedule:
Cluster # 1: Host church: Shelbyville Centenary-- Oct.10, 2021 @ 4:00pm
Taylor’s Chapel, Bethlehem, Campbellsburg/Sulphur, New Castle, Pendleton, Pleasant View, Pleasureville, and Port Royal, Allen Chapel/St. John, Graefenburg
Olive Branch, Rockbridge, Shelbyville Centenary, Simpsonville and Taylorsville
Cluster # 2 Host church: Bardstown UMC - – Oct. 17, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Bardstown, Bloomfield, Chaplin, Green’s Chapel, Wesley, Woodlawn,
Brandfordsville/Mouser, Gravel Switch, Highview, Lebanon, Asbury
Campbellsville First, Earlys Chapel, Elkhorn, Hogards Chapel/Millers Chapel
Jones Chapel, Mannsville/Stoner Creek, Poplar Grove/Taylors Chapel, St. Andrew
St. Mark, Soule Chapel and Spurlington
Cluster #3 Host church: Harrodsburg First - – Oct. 24, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Mackville/Antioch, Mt. Zion, Springfield, Wesley Chapel, Antioch/Mackville,
Danville Centenary, Junction City, Mitchellsburg, Burgin, Harrodsburg First,
Joseph’s Chapel, Mt. Zion (Shakertown), and Salvisa
Cluster #4: Host church: Georgetown First - – Nov 14, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
Claylick, Lawrenceburg, Midway, Mortonsville, Mt. Edwin, Versailles First
Simpson Memorial, Frankfort First, St. Paul, Georgetown First, Georgetown Movement, Georgetown Wesley, Mt. Gilead, New Zion, and Salem
Yours in Christ,
Tina R. Patterson
Bluegrass District Superintendent