KY Conference Office Hiring Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
posted on October 11
The Kentucky Conference, United Methodist Church, located in Crestwood, KY is seeking a full-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to help in the Episcopal and Ministerial Services offices. A high level of confidentiality, professional demeanor and ability to work independently are essential to success in this position. Resumes should be sent to Kelly McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 502-425-9232.
- Schedule and organize meetings, retreats, travel, and conference calls where arrangements may be detailed and/or complex.
- Answer, take message or direct routine and non-routine phone calls, occasionally from high-level public figures such as Bishop’s, attorneys, presidents and CEOs, for the Episcopal Office and Ministerial Services Office.
- Create, organize and maintain filing systems for the Ministerial Services Office.
- Sort and distribute mail for the Ministerial Services office.
- Regularly greet meeting guests and visitors of the Episcopal and Ministerial Services office, and provide hospitality.
- Work closely with UMCaresPlus, a United Methodist web-based program that tracks ministerial candidates and their progress through commissioning and ordination.
- Receive and process registrations, applications and payments for events, scholarships, continuing education, and other programs offered through the Ministerial Services office. Verify completion of essential forms and communicate with appropriate person(s) for additional information as needed.
- Track Continuing Education and Course of Study progress for all clergy of the Kentucky Conference.
- Prepare check requests and/or deposit requests for invoices and monies received, assigning appropriate account numbers, and submitting for approval and signature.
- Other duties may be assigned based on the needs of the Episcopal and Ministerial Services offices.
- Must be reliable and dependable
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Strong technical capabilities, including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and a proven ability to learn and comprehend new software programs.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- High School Diploma
- One year of administrative experience